Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Some Recent Writings

I've had a couple more publications this month.

The first is a short piece at Role Reboot called "How I Went from Domestic to Wild."



The second is an essay entitled "Monarch Summers," published in the lovely journal Snowy Egret.



These two pieces represent polar opposite ends of the writing-submitting-publishing spectrum. One I wrote and revised in two sit-down sessions of an hour or less each; the other I spent years on, the story unfolding as I wrote it. I submitted it more than two years ago, and it was accepted fairly quickly, as far as things that involve envelopes and stamps go, but the finished product only just came to me yesterday. The beautiful presentation (and the modest check that came with it) made it worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...